Tuesday 20 December 2011

Book Reviews

I promise that one day soon I will be making more ATCs, but to keep you going I have been reading some fantastic topical books on ATCs and stitched postcards that I would really recommend for all you crafty people.
The first book is Artist Trading Card Workshop: Create, Collect, Swap by Bernie Berlin (link to Amazon here).

It gives many good techniques and ideas for you to use, including: friendly plastic, image transfers, using resin, embossing powders etc. When you are stuck for ideas it is perfect to have a flick through as it also includes gallery images of a variety of other people's work.

My second book is Stitched Postcards by Christa Rolf  (link to Amazon here).
This book is just utterly gorgeous!! The materials and techniques used are right up my street, with water soluble fabrics, tyvek, silk paper, felting etc. The pictures are all really high quality so you can see every fibre strand and it will definitely encourage you to have a go yourself!!

So I hope these books will inspire you to have a go- I have signed up to a fabric postcard swap so I will be definitely looking through my second book for inspiration, and there are many ATCs to make for the New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment