Saturday 31 December 2011

Sheer Fabrics & Zig Zag

So today was highly productive, thanks to my new needle felting kit (images and tips on my other blog shortly) and of course the trusty sewing machine. The two sets of ATCs made today were sheer fabrics and zig zag stitch.

Zig Zag Stitch:


 These lovelies were made using a Clover needle felting tool and prepared fleece, with some fluffy fancy yarns felted in. Then I literally just stitched all over the top to make an interesting surface, experimenting with different sizes of zig zag and layering the stitches.

Sheer Fabrics:



Obviously these were made with different kinds of sheer fabrics, from organza materials to ribbons. Cut into strips, these were then folded in half and stitched horizontally, then vertically in two directions to give a folded pleated effect. The beads were then added on afterwards. I was going to heat gun them to give an interesting surface texture, but my Mum talked me out of it as she likes them as they are.

Nothing should go to waste so with a few left over bits, I managed to make some inchies which will be a lovely RAK for someone!

No comments:

Post a Comment