Saturday 31 December 2011

A New Year With Cream/White Fabric Postcards

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! =D

I cannot tell you what joy it is to be able to use my sewing machine again!!! Unfortunately it is too big and heavy to smuggle to university without my Mum noticing so I have to use it as much as I can now.
As I keep on telling you, I have joined up for many different kinds of swaps, one of them being a postcard swap.
I have only done one postcard swap before- some of you may remember the Sunset Silhouette cards (of which I am very proud)- so this is still relatively new to me and very exciting.
I have to admit that my favourite kinds of swaps are abstract fabric ones, and this swap was exactly the kind of thing I like- the only rules were the size and the colour.
For those who read my other blog (Beth's Natural Inspirations), my main technique (neat edged circles) used in the cards will not be unfamiliar to you. So what do you think of these?




They are really simple- some thickly woven upholstery fabric, paper doilies, vintage lace, banana yarn and some lace flowers! The bottom card did go slightly wrong with the edging, one corner was accidentally chopped off so the rest had to come off too. Hopefully it sort of looks like it was meant to be like that...

No comments:

Post a Comment