Wednesday 1 February 2012

Rainbows & Alphabets

I am starting this month as I mean to go on- in an organised fashion (how long that will last is anybodies guess!) and have already finished this months accordion book page and alphabet swaps.

For the rainbow book this month's colour is orange! I have decided to try and do a recurring theme throughout all of the swaps so that my pages are distinctive, and are also quite easy to make. Obviously each will be individual, but I am going to put yo-yos onto each of them (instructions for how to make yo-yos are on my other blog if anyone is interested) to get a sense of continuity.




I also got cracking on with my alphabet cards- again my usual wire letter on an interesting background accompanied with stitches. I do try and vary the backgrounds though, and my hands are now blue because I used food colouring to get the vivid blue colour (adding to that other green and blue inks).

 I think the letter could be highlighted more, but I couldn't find my usual wire (probably lost in amongst my various fabric boxes!) so the copper wire had to do! It has a vaguely underwater theme I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment